Automated weighing platforms
AfiWeigh automatically determines a cow’s body weight and stores it in the AfiMilk database. The AfiWeigh system consists of one or multiple weighing platforms installed on the route cows follow when approaching or departing the milking parlour. Each cow walking over the weighing platform is automatically identified and weighed. The data downloaded into the cow’s individual database enables generation of body weight based reports, which are an essential component in successful dairy farm management.
AfiWeigh is a decision support tool that significantly improves operational efficiency in addition to increasing the entire production of the herd. By working in combination with other data parameters in the AfiMilk system, AfiWeigh data enables the following actions:
- Identifying cows that are late in regaining post partum weight
- Identifying weight loss or gain during the dry period
- Estimating DMI (Dry Matter Intake)
- Supporting parameters for monitoring stress and health problems
- Retrospective analysis of changes in feeding